Thank you so much for all the hard work you do for the OHPA! If you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact one of our officers.
When entering names in Horseshoe Master (“HSMaster”), please check to see if they are on the current Natstats list and enter their names exactly as they are listed there. If their name is Robert but they are listed in Natstats as Robert Jr then Robert Jr is the name you need to enter into HSMaster. Please double check their card numbers as well. If there is a problem with either of these, please contact Amy Miller.
Todd Kahrig is the Ohio Statistician. All tournament results are to be sent to Tod and he will make sure they are in the correct format to be sent onto Natstats. Tod will also submit the results to the NHPA website, Ohio website and to the Ohio Horseshoe Newsletter. Therefore, all you have to do is send them to Tod.
If you are not using HSMaster and would like to, please contact Amy Miller and we will make arrangements for someone to get you started. If you are currently handwriting your tournament results, please make sure that the names and card numbers are written correctly before sending them to Tod.
50205 Crawford Rd
Woodsfield, OH 43793
Cell: (740) 338-0650
Reporting Tournament Results to the
Ohio Statistician Using HSMaster
- Open HSMaster program; on the left side go to Tournaments.
- Click on POST (even after the tournament is posted you can still make changes.)
- Select the tournament you are reporting from the drop down box.
- Click on POST.
- This will show you how many players participated in your tournament and if there are any errors. If you have errors you must go back and see what the error(s) are for and correct them. Once corrected, then start again from Step #1.
- Now click PLAYER on the far upper left.
- Click on EXPORT.
- Click on NATSTATS STATISTICS.
- Choose the tournament you are reporting from the drop down box.
- Where it says PATH, have it saved to your desktop.
Example C:\Documentsandsettings\(your name)\Desktop\
Make sure the last word in your path says Desktop.
- Select CREATE FILE – this will save a report of the tournament results to your desktop. Locate and open the file you just saved to your desktop. This report should have your tournament sanction number and results.
Example: 36-11-037,9/5/2011,360940,386,430 Francis, Alan
36-11-037,9/5/2011,360606,440,588 Walters, Jim
This report provides the stats from your tournament and all the players that participated. The first number is your tournament sanction number, the second number is the date of the tournament, the third number is the pitcher’s NHPA card number, the fourth number is the number of ringers, the fifth number is the number of shoes and of course the last is the player’s name.)
- Open your email program. Send an email to Tod Kahrig (email: email@example.com) and attach this file to your email.
**If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Tod**